Sunday, January 11, 2015

Blog Review: Fuzzy Thoughts

The blog Fuzzy Thoughts run by fellow student Vicky Mai, she writes a response about Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I had already read Allegiant, and Vicky had similar thoughts as I did when I read the book. Throughout the response Vicky uses vivid evidence to support her claim. However, her claim, or point of view could be expressed a bit more. She already does, but not until the conclusion.
Vicky explains how Tris, Tobias; her boyfriend, and her brother flee Chicago to find out what is going on. She also mentions how Tris, in the end, sacrifices herself for her brother. She further more elaborates on this by introducing the moral of this novel. Life in a bumpy road, and sometimes you have to make sacrifices. I thought the same thing as I was reading this book; this represents my life. But Vicky reminded me of this claim, and it made me think a bit more.
The Divergent series is similar to The Hunger Game. Katniss has to lead a revolution, and make sacrifices to live a happy life. In both trilogies, Tris and Katniss are leaders of the fight, they are, what The Hunger Games calls Katniss, the Mockingjay. They will lead the revolution and make sacrifices, as well as make hard decisions.
Overall, Vicky writes a well supported post that reminds me of my life and another book.

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's almost impossible to read! Change the font, please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ms.Rear about the font. I felt that you had very vivid detail about vicky's post and what i felt interesting was how you interpreted vicky's thoughrs and the plot of the book into you own opinion. It just felt like you were lacking elaboration towards the deeply meaningful parts of Vicky's texts.

    ReplyDelete